Plasma physics education
Plas@Par researchers are involved in all the levels of teaching plasma physics, from the introductory courses given in Master 1 level or equivalent to a Bachelor level, to more specific courses in the Master 2 level. We organize an annual summer school to promote plasma physics at licence level. We also provide research training within the PhD and Post-doctoral grants. To engage students we provide international grants to selected candidates.
Discovering plasma physics - Bachelor's degree
Plas@Par organizes, every years , in August, a summer school with introductory courses on plasma physics. This school is free of charge.
Deepening knowledge - Master's degrees
- Master 1: Plas@Par is offering grants for international internships (3 to 6 months)
- Master 2: Plas@Par is offering many opportunities:
- Grants for international internships (6 months)
- Financial support to study plasma physics within the Master cycle of UPMC. The enrollment will take place in the Master of Physics and Applications in the master program "Physique des Plasmas et de la Fusion (PPF)":
- One year scolarships for foreigner students who want to study plasmas in Paris.
- One year scolarships for french students who want to study plasmas in Italy at Pise University (Laurea Magistrale in Fisica) and obtain the UPMC & UNIPI double master degree.
Looking for a PhD or a Post-doc project?
Plas@Par also provides fellowships for PhD (3 years) and Postdoctoral research (1 year renewable).
The currently available positions are posted under Actions/Recruitment, and our past and/or ongoing projects can be found under Actions/Funded projects.
Plas@Par is also supporting other projects such as:
- The Master's integration week (Visits of research facilities - Cadarache, Bordeaux, etc).
- The new hands-on experiment dedicated to plasmas (for L3 & M1 students) was created in collaboration with INSP (Institut des NanoSciences de Paris), the experimental platform of the Physics Faculty @UPMC and the Cluster of Excellence PLAS@PAR. More information here.